45-49 year old Health Checks
Our Practice offers Health Assessments for patients aged 45 to 49.
This health assessment is completely bulk billed.
The Department of Health states that a health assessment at this stage of life can assist patients to make the necessary lifestyle changes to prevent or delay the possible onset of chronic diseases.
Our health assessments contain the following components:
- information collection, including taking a patient history and undertaking examinations and investigations as clinically required;
- making an overall assessment of the patient’s health, including the patient’s readiness to make lifestyle changes;
- initiating interventions and referrals as clinically indicated;
- providing advice and information; including strategies to achieve lifestyle and behaviour changes;
- keeping a record of the health assessment, and offering the patient a written report about the health assessment, with recommendations about matters covered by the health assessment.
- Blood tests.
- For women it is always important to note when the last pap smear was.
- For men often necessary to note whether they have had a PSA (prostate) blood test recently